Friday, September 3, 2010

Triton

Triton came into our lives on Christmas Eve 2002. My parents got him from the pound when he was 2 or 3 years old. From day one he was the perfect dog and the perfect fit for our family. He was well trained: he never ran away, he always waited at the door to come in or go out until he was directed, he would sit and shake. He was always waiting, happily, at the door when you came home. He loved to play tug-a-war. One of his best tricks was when we would put carrots on his nose and tell him to sit, and then "get it" and he would toss up the carrot and catch it in his mouth. He also loved to eat apple cores, or anything, for that matter. He loved to be with the family and put up with a lot from all the kids that come and go around our house. He was my dad's buddy and would follow him around as he worked in the yard. He got sick at the end of July and never got better. We still don't quite know what went wrong. He was our friend and companion, he was part of the family. We love him and will miss him.
Preston and Triton

Tug-a-war on the beach in Monterey, July 15, 2010



Hiking at Rock City, January 2009

Playing with Tommy

Putting up with Kayden

This was the last time I saw Triton, on August 18th. He wasn't feeling too well and you can tell he is looking old.





He will always be a part of our family.

3 comments:

Ringo and Company said...

My heart goes out to you!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I'm so sorry Em. I'll miss Triton too. What an angel dog he was. I loved him too.

S said...

That is sad, Em!

I do love the family picture with him in it!

And I love the picture of you and Aaron at the top. Preston is such a little cutie!