Sunday, February 13, 2011

Troop-Dawg

We never thought the Trooper would last as long as it did but when the day came to say goodbye, I was so sad!! It was such a great car!

I got the Trooper from Matt in 2003 (he had it for 3 years) and I drove it all the way til February 2011. It made it through 2 trips to and from Utah (although we did tow it) and was such a Trooper!! We knew it was probably on it's last leg but didn't realize just how bad it was. Luckily my dad was able to find us a great deal on a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and we decided to get it, not knowing how much longer the Trooper would last. We went to sell the Trooper but it wouldn't pass smog (for the first time ever!) so we took it to my dad to have him get it to pass smog. He ended up finding out that it had a crack in the head gasket and was literally on it's last leg!
We were able to be approved through the government's vehicle retirement program to turn in the Trooper and get $1000! My dad met us in Fairfield where we said our final goodbye's to the Trooper and got our $1000 check!
And, yes, I did cry.

We are so grateful for my dad who kept the Trooper running all these years, "pimped my ride" for me the summer I got married and who helped us get our new car and successfully retire the Trooper for $1000. We don't know what we'd do without you, Dad!
(I didn't really want to part with my Wild Cherry seat covers but Aaron insisted. Luckily my dad felt the same way and kept them, hopefully to live on in another classic car!)

0 comments: