Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Point Arena

Aaron and I knew that a trip with just the 2 of us wouldn't be happening any time soon after baby #2 comes so we decided to take a trip and exchanged my parents time share for a place in Point Arena. We were so excited to get away although I was nervous about leaving Preston for 4 days. He did great and we had a great time. Thanks to Anna and Matt and Lyndsey for taking such good care of him!
Breakfast Saturday morning. It was to die for. I still think about it.
Our visit to the Point Arena lighthouse. It was amazing to see a lighthouse up close and especially to be able to go up to the top.

Gorgeous view
A breathtaking coastline


Our place. It was a bunch of individual cabins in a converted campground. It was literally up the road from the lighthouse.
Inside: The kitchen which leads back to the bedroom and bathroom.
The Family Room

One night this cat was wandering around and found Aaron. They loved each other.
We were able to visit a couple beautiful beaches. This one was at Anchor Bay. 
Aaron loved climbing the rocks. I was a little more cautious with my 6 month baby belly.


We were able to go up to Mendocino and Fort Bragg for a day and loved walking around this quaint little town. We visited all sorts of shops, ate lunch and went to see Men in Black 4.
Our last night we went back to the lighthouse for the sunset. It was freezing but absolutely breathtaking.

We would love to go back but I'm not sure I'll be going any time soon since the drive was horrific. I don't know if being pregnant made it worse or what but driving anywhere was hard for me with my motion sickness and the windy roads. Aaron was such an amazing husband and put up with me when I got sick. He took such great care of me. I am no longer worried about leaving Preston and know that it needs to happen more often because we had such a wonderful time together. Next time it will be a straight drive to wherever we go and hopefully sooner than later!

0 comments: