Thursday, September 6, 2007

What a Pedicure!

Yesterday Lani and I met up after work to get pedicures. Our appointments were at 6:15 and we got spa pedicures which included a parafin wax dip and extra leg treatment. It was wonderful and I decided to go out on a limb with a somewhat dark color. I thought it would be fun to have a little flower so when she asked, I specified that I would like a "small flower". She began with a white flower toward the corner of my nail and I thought "cute". Then she started doing dots and I got a little worried. Then she started doing small white lines and I thought "well at least she's almost done". Meanwhile, Lani has been finished for some time and we are just talking while the lady puts on what I thought were her finishing touches. But, just when I thought she was done she pulls out the silver glitter and Lani and I look at eachother with a "this is a little over the top" look. Okay, okay. Let the lady do her thing, but then she pulls out a the green and does a leaf. And then gets out the rhinestones and puts a green rhinestone in the middle of the flower. Needless to say, when Lani and I left, well over an hour later, we burst out laughing the moment we walked out of the nail salon.
This is what I ended up with.

5 comments:

Clark and Rebecca said...

Em, you made my day! I was laughing in the computer lab and had to share with my friend. The picture is the best!!!!

Tari said...

I actually like them, but I if you weren't expecting it then it would be a littel shocking. That was a fuuny story!

S said...

That's so funny, Em! I'm about to go in for my first pedicure, now I'll know not to ask for any flowers

Lauren said...

Didn't you know that this is the latest fashion? Just the colors alone. wow.

Mindy said...

haha, they always seem so mad at me when i say i don't want a flower. you probably made her day.