Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

So, Halloween was a little bit of a bust this year. We meant to carve pumpkins, but I wanted to get them from the pumpkin patch and we never got around to actually going there. By the time we realized we should have gotten the pumpkins and carved them, it was the night before Halloween. Then, we talked about dressing up for the Halloween party that Wes and Lani were having. We thought about being missionaries but thought that wouldn't be too fun, and Aaron thought about being a baseball player, but then what would I be? So, in the end, we went as...leasing agent and manager (ourselves!). Luckily, we weren't the only ones to not dress up.
We did make cupcakes for the party-spiders and monsters with tentacles.


And those are the only pictures we took of this spooky day.
We did have a lot of fun at the party and were glad that someone helped us get into the holiday. In other words, Wes and Lani, if it weren't for you, we would have done nothing.

8 comments:

S said...

You got those cupcakes almost perfect! From Martha Stewart Living, right? Or else you should get a job there. i tried copying them but mine looked terrible! So I ended up making evil clown cupcakes using twizzler stuff. I'm very impressed, Em!

Lauren said...

Nice cupcakes! How Martha Stewart of you two.

anna and chris said...

your blog cracks me up. cute spiders tho

Lauren said...

I forgot to mention... When I walked into our ward's Trunk or Treat I saw a guy dressed up as a missionary. I thought, "Hey, that's an easy costume. I'm surprised there aren't more missionary costumes". Then I realized that IS a missionary.

OnCallMom said...

Those cupcakes are darling! I didn't dress up either. :)

Sheryl said...

Em-Your cupcakes are so fun. My mom has a cupcake book with cakes like that. If you ever want to make pink pigs, those are fun-and are just silly for an all around occasion...let me know...good job on your halloween cakes-they look yummy!

Mindy said...

Good job on the cupcakes, I always get ambitious to make cute things but then my laziness kicks in. I can't wait to see you guys over christmas!

cait said...

i just realized when Cait asked me if I got a quote for Don from the MTC that i never did nor did i respond to you, sorry!!!
Of course i can (if its not too late, and its been months now, so it prob is), so if you have more info on where it is or anything, ill do it pronto

brig