Sunday, February 17, 2008

What the...?

We found this in our mailbox the other day, and it left us quite puzzled. Pictured is exactly how it came--on a half sheet of white paper, blank on the other side, with the first side having a semi-copied section of what we can make out as a section of BYU Magazine. Notice how it says "fees due 50 cents" at the top and "Penalty for private use to avoid payment of postage, $300" next to it. 50 cents to who? For what? This is literally what we have, and we have no clue as to what it is and what we're supposed to do with it. Any ideas? We honestly can't even conjure up a though of what it could be.

10 comments:

Lyndsey said...

hmm odd...better ask the post man. I know that magazines aren't supposed to be forwarded to you probably for this reason since you would need to pay more postage...really weird though.

Mel said...

You're probably just part of some terrorist plot and this is some kind of code. Nothing to worry about, I'm sure...

anna and chris said...

hmm. thats really weird.

Lauren said...

You thought you could get away with it but they've caught you! Mwah-ha-ha.
I was going to say what Lyndsey said and that was the best I could come up with instead. You probably just need to change your address with BYU and go to the post office to get your magazine. It is weird that they copied the magazine for you to know what you need pay extra postage on. I think they just usually put a notice in you mail box saying you have something you need to pay extra postage for at the post office.

S said...

I'm tempted to do a prank on you guys by sending you random stuff, but I'm too lazy. Plus I just told you about it. I think mailing things is my weakness, I never do it. It was a fun idea, though.

Clark and Rebecca said...

So, did you ever find out what it was?

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

No idea. We haven't really tried to do anything and we haven't gotten anything else about it.

S said...

I'm kind of waiting for you to do another post, Em.
For a pseudo-visual aid:
I'm waiting...
I'm waiting...
and I'm still waiting...

Kate and Robbie said...

HI Emily...It's Kate (Willardson) Stoker. i saw your blog on Tari Brandi's blog! Thought i would say hi! You look as happy as can be!

Lyndsey said...

new post new post. .. new post. . . this is me chanting. . . new post new post. . . more chanting going on . . . new post