Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

On Saturday afternoon we had a big Easter party with an egg hunt for the apartment complex. We had food, egg dyeing, face painting, games, and of course, the egg hunt. Here are some pictures of the festivities.




On Sunday we celebrated Easter with the Carter family at Wes and Lani's house in Sacramento. I was in charge of making the deviled eggs, crescent rolls and dessert. For Christmas Wes and Lani gave me this great Dessert book so I decided to make the Sponge Cake with Cream and Strawberries. It may have the hardest thing I've ever baked. Here is how it turned out.


Delicious, right? Too bad it didn't taste quite as good as it looked. I don't know if I made it wrong or if it just isn't the greatest recipe. Don't get me wrong, it tasted good, just not as great as I was hoping.
Here are some pictures of the family hanging out and enjoying a lot of great food.

Me and Aaron

The Family at the Dinner Table-what a gorgeous day!

The Cooks

Enjoying the Meal
Landon is really turning in to a little boy. Here he is looking up at his Uncle Aaron as well as some pictures and a video of him being so dang cute.




Isn't he so funny? Anyway, we had a great Easter, and we hope you all did too!

12 comments:

Lyndsey said...

That Cake was beautiful!!!! But maybe go for a white cake next time because the sponge basically is to airy and makes you feel like it just isn't enough!!! I completely think I know how you were feeling.

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

Actually, this cake was really heavy and seemed kind of dry believe it or not. I really want to taste the cake when someone else makes it because I really feel like I did it right, but it just wasn't what I was hoping it would be.

Lyndsey said...

Ok so I was wrong. Who is Brittany S. .. send me a link. I am all about more info.

Mel said...

Nice quality Carter time. I love all the pictures!

anna and chris said...

Looks like fun!! The cake looks really good. ps that pic of landon with the easter basket and the grass stuff is so cute!

Mindy said...

You look so cute in the bunny ears!! Go to this link and imagine how awesome it would be to rent jetskis in San Diego.
http://www.seaforthboatrental.com/jetskis/boats/yamaha.php

Janene said...

Emily, I "make" a cake with whipped cream and strawberries which is very good and very easy. You buy an angel food cake and cut it across to make it two layers. Then you mix sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen) with cool whip (large size) or whipped cream (the cool whip holds up better and it easier to transport) and then you "frost" the cake. Any leftover coolwhip with strawberries just gets dumped into the middle hole. You can make it fancy by "decorating" with sliced strawberries. I have never baked an angel food cake because I don't have the right pan and they don't cost much at the grocery. Your cake looked great.

Tari said...

Emily...that cake looks so good! Will you please make that for me sometime! Good job!

S said...

The cake looked SO good and Madeline liked your bunny ears. I like the Cali sun and good weather I could just feel in all the pictures!
Janene- I'm now going to use that recipe when I do book club stuff next month.

Liz said...

You're such a good landlord. We never got an Easter egg hunt at our old apartment. That cake looks so pretty and delicious - too bad it didn't taste the way it looks.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Hi Emily! I found you through liz and scott's blog and found theirs from Jillian and found hers from . . .etc. It's fun to find your whole ward online. It's a small world. See you soon!

The Burninghams said...

Oh you are so cute!! I miss you! Looks like you and Aaron are doing really well. xoxo