Monday, April 7, 2008

Thoughts

On Saturday as Aaron and I walked out of our apartment, I noticed this tiny shell on the ground (it doesn't look so small but it really was).

Assuming a baby bird was somewhere near we looked up and found the nest with the mother.

I immediately thought of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and how everything hatches and is born in the spring. It is such a beautiful time of the year.

As some of you may know, Aaron and I joined the gym mid-February. We did a whole bunch of measurements and just re-measured ourselves today. I always heard that the chest is the first to go, but I didn't really know that that would mean me too. I have officially lost 2 inches off my chest and, of course, zero from my waist. I did thankfully lose a half inch off my hips and my arms. Hopefully next time I will be able to report 2 inches from my waist and even more from my hips and arms. Aaron's goals are a little different than mine. He is happy to report that his arms and chest are actually bigger. It has felt really good to work out and we already feel different, even if we don't look it!

9 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I have been meaning to ask how all that has been going. Did you switch trainers? I hope that it is working out like you wanted. Running much?

Lauren said...

That's awesome you guys are working out together. The boob thing reminds me of the commercial where the woman's breasts shrink in response to eating salad while her husband gets thin all over. http://youtube.com/watch?v=amE18rxXhJQ&feature=related

Mandy said...

First to go, last to grow! Em, remember when I you and I used to "run" around Marks Rd. for exercise and every time a car drove by we would jump in the bushes so we didn't get kidnapped? Ha Ha! Good work on the exercising, your both doing great!

Mindy said...

I love that part in Seven Brides, my favorite was always Benjamin. He was so manly.

S said...

Em, you're amazing! I can't believe you've lost inches, that's amazing! Have you been working with a trainer or are you on your own doing workouts? Will you tell them to me? I want to know how to lose inches anywhere! Also, did you have to eat less or did that come naturally? GO EM!

anna and chris said...

good job you guys! Now i need to lose inches off my chest and arms

Bradley said...

YESSSSSSS!!!!!! The things I like to hear! Maybe you just don't have a big waist? So your body is finding other places to take it off. Do you want to give me those extra inches your losing off your arms? Mine are a little sub par. lol. Love ya guys. Way to go

kathryn clara said...

Yeah you should seriously try it at least once! Honestly i have been so caught up in oga i stopped running! so i hope i can make it! ha ha. try yoga..and let me know =)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That's good you guys do that together. Rob is still trying to convince me to go riding with him, but I know he'll blow me away and I'll be eating his dust trail. Running after Sam is sadly my only exercise these days.