Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving we were able to go to Manteca and celebrate at the Carter's with the Hoffman's. We went down Wednesday night and I spent the night making pies, while Dee prepared the potatoes.

For some reason the crust just wouldn't stay together! Notice the side that fell off. It was very frustrating but ended up tasting delicious.
The finished products

Hillary also made delicious pumpkin bars

Here is what Aaron spent the night doing

playing on his i phone, which he does a lot these days
Thanksgiving Day
Dee with the yummy turkey

The beautiful table. Notice the sugar rimmed glasses. Mmmmm.

Hillary pouring the punch

Lori and Hillary

Carla and Buzz

Me and Aaron

Jim and Dee

Aaron and Eric

After our delicious meal, we played Apples to Apples. It was so fun that even after Aaron won we continued playing.

By the end of the day we were so full all we could to was lay around.

6 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Sugar-rimmed glasses! That's a great idea for people who are a little worried about not getting all their calories in on Thanksgiving. (Actually, it sounds DELICIOUS and I am TOTALLY trying it tonight at dinner.)

S said...

In one of those pictures, Hillary looked like someone famous and I don't know if it's like the girl who is Hannah Montana's BF on TV or Jamie Lynn spears.

I want to eat pies and bars and junk now!

Mandy said...

That looks fun! Can't believe it has already come and gone so quickly and that Christmas is in 2 weeks!

Mama Coons said...

Great photos! What a fun day.

Mel said...

Your pies look yummy and I really love the table setting. Have I mentioned that I love your background?

Jim and Shana McGavock said...

You are such a little martha stewart! And Im also really jealous of your pumpkin carvings. Jim and I tried to get creative this year and I ended up having to borrow tooth picks from Jon and Jillian to stick my spider's legs back on after I accidentally cut them off. What's the secret? Yours look professional!