Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Day

After Christmas morning with the Coons', we headed down to the Carter's for more Christmas!


I saw these family name signs online and fell in love with them. Not only did I get one for us, we also got one for Lani and Dee for Christmas.


I knitted my very first scarf and gave it to Hillary for Christmas. I was very proud.

We also got her a shirt so the scarf is around her neck.
Jim opening the present we got him, a shirt!

Wes and Aaron had the same idea and got eachother gag gifts, ridiculous DVD's, along with the real present.

And Aaron and I got tickets to go see Wicked in SF with Jim and Dee in March. We can't wait!!!

Landon loved the luggage Wes and Lani got although he thought it was funnest to be inside.

The other thing he loved was this little spiky gelly ball that Dee got him. He was scared of it at first but then he ended up loving it. It was so funny!

Then Lani and I made Christmas dinner. It was delicious!

I'm wearing the adorable Athropologie apron Wes and Lani got me.



We made Osa Bucco (I don't know if that's spelled right) which is basically beef shanks cooked over vegetables and then put over risotto and then topped with the sauce from the veggies and beef. It was divine.


We also got to go back to the amazing Christmas Lights house. It is still amazing.


We hope you all had a very merry Christmas. We did!

7 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Where did you get the cute family signs? They look like one I got at Deseret Book. Looks like you guys had a great day.

S said...

Cute apron Em. And go you on the scarf!

Jen said...

Hey Emily - I love the signs too. Where did you find them?

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

I got the signs at the design-a-line etsy shop. The web address ishttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6130902 She has a lot of other cool vinyl things too. She was really quick at getting them to me and really easy to work with. It's nice because you can get custom items done as well.

Liz said...

Good job on your scarf - I wish I knew how to knit. Maybe you could teach me in exchange for me teaching you how to quilt?
That's so exciting that you're going to see Wicked. I loved it when Scott & I saw it in L.A.

I guessed that apron was from Anthro before I even read that it was. Their aprons are the best.

Brittany said...

Emily, I'm glad you found me! It will be a lot of fun to keep up with each other. You and your husband are so cute toghether!!!! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.

Mandy said...

Glad it was a wonderful Christmas! I am so excited to see you in a few weeks when you come out to Utah!