Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Emily!


This is Aaron, and I know I never post blogs on here, but I thought this post is a good reason for me to get on here :) Emily turned 27 on Monday, so after work we went out to Spaghetti Factory with my parents, Jim & Dee, and Wes and Landon (Lani had to work that night). Em had been craving this pasta dish that had Mizithra cheese, so she was happy to be there :) After dinner we went back to our apartment and had Baskin Robbins ice cream cake - its the tradition on her birthday to do that! And since Emily's favorite BR ice cream is mint chocolate, and I HATE mint chocolate, I got 2 small cakes - one with mint chip and one without :) I didn't get pictures from dinner, but here are the pictures after at our apartment for cake & presents. I also didn't get pictures of the presents themselves, but, Em got a new pair of maternity jeans, a baby boy outfit for our future little guy, and a salad spinner that she's been talking about wanting for a really long time!

Em with her beloved mint chip cake:


Both cakes:


The presents:


I also made sure to get her flowers - it's a STAPLE present for any occasion, one that I would be in trouble for if I forgot :)


Em and my parents dragging on the couch after all the hardcore partying:


Happy Birthday Em! You're back to 2 years older than your husband again, at least until June :)

8 comments:

Mel said...

Em, you look soooo cute! I love that you got two little cakes. I would've loved to be at that little party...(not just for the cakes). Happy birthday!

Grandma Cheryl said...

Looks like you are having a fun birthday. You look awesome. So does Dee! Happy Birthday

S said...

Em, you look like such a beautiful pregnant lady!
And happy birthday. Those cakes look delicious!

Mama Coons said...

Good post Aaron!!! I almost felt like I was there....I can taste that mint cake! Happy Birthday one more time Emily and miss you guys!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Em! Sounds like it was a wonderful birthday! Good post Aaron!

Janene said...

I thought of Emily on her birthday while I was driving to school(of course did nothing about it.) I wanted to tell the kids something about Colombus and then promptly forgot it was Colombus day then when I got home forgot to wish her a happy birthday. I guess that since in December I can order on the senior menu at Denny's I can forget once in awhile. Hope the day was happy. Also, Aaron I am with you. I hate mint and especially chocolate mint anything. Nothing worse than biting into a nice brownie and finding out someone has put a bunch of mint in it! When I was a nanny in Conn. we used to call mint chocolate chip ice cream green poison!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That cake looked divine. Also my favorite. No wonder we are such good friends. I'm so glad you had a delicious dinner and what great presents. Happy birthday missy. Your belly looks so cute too.

The Booher Family said...

Good job Aaron... way to be a good husband! I heard the news about a baby on the way from Dee. Congratulations you guys!