Monday, March 7, 2011

Preston's First Birthday-The Cake



On Saturday, March 5th Preston turned 1!!! We had a family party at Grandpa and Grandma Carter's house to celebrate. I can't believe that our baby is one-this has been the best year of our lives and we were so happy to celebrate our sweet boy.
Preston waiting for his cake
Preston's own cake

He's excited!



Preston was so timid with his cake. He started picking off a little of the frosting but wouldn't dig in.
It looks like Preston really got into the cake but that was just me trying to help him.
Preston feeding mom and dad :)
Getting cleaned up by Grammy
I wanted to take a stab at making a fondant cake for Preston's birthday. It turned out great and was so fun to do (even when I had to stay up til 2:30am to finish it!)


12 comments:

Mel said...

Em, that cake is amazing and the pics of Preston on his bday are my favorite of him I've seen I think. What a fun day.

Mindy said...

I can't believe he's one! Awesome job on the cake, I need to go home and visit you guys!

S said...

Em, I saw the cake as I scrolled up and wondered how many tons of money it cost! It's totally amazing! And I love when you blog--will you blog more please?

Lauren said...

I'm so impressed with the cake. I had no idea you possessed that talent. Bravo.

Mandy said...

Happy birthday Preston! I love that cake, you are good. So cute!

Herlehy Family said...

Preston is ADORABLE...great job on his cake!

Unknown said...

wow! you MADE that cake!!! shut right up! you are super talented!
happy b-day Preston!!!

~selina

kathryn clara said...

good job on the cake! I thought it was professional! Happy bday to the little one!

Grandma Cheryl said...

He is one! What a cute little boy. You did a great job on the cake, very talented.

Ringo and Company said...

Happy Birthday Preston! That cake looks incredible!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Happy 1st Birthday Preston! What a big day. So impressed with your cake and decor Em!

Clark and Rebecca said...

Cute cake! And of course, cute birthday boy!