Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We had such a great Memorial Day weekend full of fun and family, and hardly any sun. Despite the rainy weather we were able to plant flowers and BBQ.
When Jim and Dee came up they brought Preston a water table. He absolutely LOVES it!! Every time we go outside he tries to get out of my arms to play.


I love that we have a big enough patio that Preston has his little corner. We will be spending many summer days out here.

That night I made the Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken Kabobs from the Our Best Bites cookbook. So good!
And here is the finished product of our back patio.





This blue belly lizard came out after we finished planting. He was so fat!!
Our delicious grilled burgers.
Enjoying the beautiful yard and good food.
Preston enjoyed it too! I love how he crosses his ankles :)
It's days like this that remind how richly blessed we are to have the freedoms that we do in this country. We are grateful to all those who have served and are currently serving to allow us this great privilege.

5 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That is a very cute patio. I wish I had that for Ada. The outside area and the water table! FUN!

Lyndsey said...

Yeah for the water table. All children small and tiny will love it. I know they would at our house if it wasn't still cold. This weather is crazy.

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

I love the patio! I love all the flowers and everything you put in. Oh my goodness and Preston crosses his legs? Mercedes does that too!

Mama Coons said...

Everything looks darling! Preston is SO lucky to have such great grandparents who bring him water fun!!!! Looks like the best beginning of summer!

S said...

The patio looks amazing. The water table looks so fun, too. And those kabobs, holy cow!