Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blanket

I'm not sure whether I should put this out there for all to read but...
When I was a youth, every year at Girl's Camp we would tie blankets and enter our names in to win one. Even though I spent my fair share of time tying blankets I never won one. It was only due to my sweet level one girls putting my name in for the drawing that I finally got my blanket my last year of Girl's Camp, right before my senior year of high school.
I started sleeping with my blanket because it was so comfortable to keep around my face and over my arms when I would kick my feet out of the covers. Here we are 12 years later and, yes, I still sleep with my blanket! It's not like I have to have it to sleep or anything and when we go on vacation I leave it behind. It's not an emotional comfort, it's a physical comfort!
All that being said, the edges have started to pull apart and so I took on my very first binding project!


It's not so pretty close up but it does the trick and hopefully I'll have many more years of sleeping with my blanket. :)

4 comments:

S said...

I love it! The power of a girl's camp blanket is REAL! And I need to comment on all your other posts, Em! I love your little family. And I love it when you blog. Will you blog about what you do the rest of the time in your life?!

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

I love it!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I still have my young womens blanket too. No shame here either. :)

Mama Coons said...

Somehow the Girls camp leaders need this story....