Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween 2011

I think I made history this year by carving THREE pumpkins! One night I carved my ghost pumpkin and Preston's Elmo pumpkin and then the next night I carved a witch stirring her brew for Landon. Sad I didn't get a picture of it...
They turned out great if I do say so myself. And Aaron's looks awesome too.
Preston loved his Elmo pumpkin and keeps asking about it even now.
Wes and Lani held their annual Halloween party and we had a great time. Here is the whole family (we missed you Hillary!).
The Firefighter, his dalmation and the fire, hippie Grandma and Grandpa, and Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Yoda and Han Solo.
My sweet boy. We couldn't get a smile out of him all night!
Us
Mama and Preston
Preston and Dad. Love how happy Aaron looks.
Aaron and I
Preston loves trucks!

We put Preston and Blayke in the double strolling to take them trick-or-treating but it didn't last long. Preston loved walking house to house.
Preston's First House!

Out on the streets


Love this shot of Jim and Dee in their hippie outfits walking with the grandkids

We had such a great time taking Preston trick-or-treating for the first time. He was so happy and just thought it was the coolest thing. My favorite thing was when we were between houses and Aaron said, with such joy, "This is even funner than I thought it would be!" We really had such a great time.
Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Mel said...

I'm always so impressed with your pumpkins, you guys. They're amazing. Preston looks so dang cute as a firefighter- I wouldn't have been able to stop staring at him all night! Holidays are so fun with kids.

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

So cute! Isn't it amazing how halloween gets suddenly so much more exciting when you have a little one? We had so much fun taking Mercedes trick-or-treating with Taylor's parents. I've gotta post pictures though!

Rachel Coons said...

I LOVE your guys costumes! So cute:) And you're the master at pumpkin carving! I need you to teach me a thing or two.

Anonymous said...

I came here to comment on your fun camping trip, but I also wanted to say I LOVED your Halloween costumes... so creative!

Clark and Rebecca said...

Love the family costuming. You're so creative!

S said...

I haven't carved any pumpkins in a while, go Em! And I love the family themed halloween costumes! I want to do that at one point in my life, but I don't know when.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh Em! those costumes are so cute!!! did you make them? i love a family costume... my kids want to do their own crazy stuff now so its hard to convince them to theme it up... maybe bribery? super cute girl!
~selina