Monday, August 13, 2012

Preston Quotes

On July 15th I was putting on my dress for church and Preston looked at me and said, "Mommy, you're a princess!" Melt my heart!

When the painters put up a ladder and started taping off his bedroom window at the end of his nap "Mama! There's a dinosaur stomping out my window!"

Me: "Everyone is still sleeping. They need energy to play."
Pres: "Energy? That's not a word!"

Every night I sing Preston the same 3 songs while he is in bed. One night I just wanted to hurry up so I started singing quickly and Preston said, "Mama, that's too fast." He totally caught onto me.

On August 11th we went on the Tahoe Queen Lake Tahoe cruise and when we got back to shore Preston asked Aaron, "Is the water going to go down the plug now?"

And my all time favorite: in the last month Preston has begun to say "I love you" completely unprovoked. He says it fairly often and it absolutely melts our hearts.

One last one, Preston was really bummed when football season was over but we still had a game recorded until our cable box died. All summer he has been asking to watch football. We've been telling him that football will come back after Tanner is born. Last week was the first 49er's preseason game and we recorded it. I told him I had a surprise for him and put it on today and he was so happy and then said, "Tanner is coming. Tanner is here!" This boy has the best memory.

He really is such a smart boy and so good at articulating himself. He makes me laugh everyday and I'm so happy and grateful that he is ours.

3 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Cute quotes. I love when they first say they love you unprevoked. So fulfilling.

S said...

He is so cute, Em! How many more weeks? And he does have a good memory!

Mel said...

It's so fun that he's quotable now. And cute how he says I love you!!!