Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lake Almanor

Last week we were able to go to Lake Almanor with my family, my grandparents, and my Aunt and Uncle and their family. We had such a great time on my cousin Jim's boat, golfing with my Grandpa, fishing with my dad, and playing games. Unfortunately we didn't get pictures of golfing but we had a great time and didn't keep score. We were that bad, although there were some good shots and we had fun.
Here is beautiful Lake Almanor at sunset


The view of the Lake from the cabin my aunt and uncle rented

Aaron, Tommy and I enjoying the boat ride

Aaron's first attempt at wakeboarding. He didn't quite get up but look how close he is. Next time...
I am happy to announce that I finally got up on the wakeboard. I've attempted at 2 other lake trips and it was always a disaster. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of the success. I guess we'll have to do that next time too.

Brad, Lyndsey and Matt at the back of the boat

Lyndsey wakesurfing. There are no straps on the board and the rope is short so that you literally ride the wake
Here is a short video of Matt wakesurfing so you can get the idea


Brad let go of the rope so he is literally surfing. Sorry it's sideways...

Tommy holding up the flag. He thought it was so fun.

My 2nd cousin Jake, Lyndsey, Me and Tommy

Aaron and I


Aaron and I on the tube. I know the second picture is blurry, but look how hard we're laughing. It was so fun!


My dad also rented a sea-doo and we had such a blast riding it. We took turns driving and when I was driving we got lost on the lake. It took us about 15 minutes of slowly driving along the edge of the lake to find our dock. Luckily we had fun in the process.

Aaron and I with the lake in the background
At night we played Phase 10. Here's the group. We kind of all look like we had a long day, huh?


We ended the trip by eating at Costa Vida. The perfect end to a perfect vacation.

Caitlin and Auntie Em
We seriously had such a great time and hope to go back next year!

7 comments:

S said...

That looks like you had SOOOO much fun! Sigh.

Lyndsey said...

Why do I always end up looking like such a spaz? Remind me to smile in pictures and not do anything crazy! Miss you guys we had so much fun with you.

Mel said...

Super fun and I wish I could be an honorary member of the Coons Clan and go on trips like this. Em, didn't you wakeboard really well when we were in high school- oh wait, that was knee-boarding, huh? I remember you cutting the wake and everything. Cute niece and nephew for sure- I'm glad they live there now because then when we come visit Leah and Tommy can finally reunite!

Lauren said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun. I miss water stuff so much. I have to say you look a little worried in the first tubing picture. It's probably because your more on top of Aaron so you're the one who will probably fall out. I remember fighting to be slightly underneath the other. Thinking about it makes me miss Lake Tullock and the Delta so much. (Actually, I think the Delta is disgusting but it's what we did at the Delta that made it so much fun). That's what's so great about California. People who have stuff like boats are so willing and actually want to share it with people. That's it. We're moving back tomorrow. Oh, cute swimsuit, too.

Krauseof3 said...

Great pictures! Our family used to go to Lake Almanor as long as I could remember, every summer. We stayed at the PG&E campgrounds right on the water. I loved it. What beautiful pictures. It brings back great memories! Looks like you had a blast.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Wow. I'm so impressed you got up on that thing. I can't do any of that these days. Last time I tried my wrists hurt so bad. Too much tennis in my days. I'm glad you had a fun family vacation.

Audge said...

Hello!
I just ran across your blog. My name is Audrey. Aaron and I were friends in high school! Its really cool to see your blog and see that you are doing so well!
The link to ours is
otakefamily.blogspot.com
Can I link yours on my page?

Aaron- Whats new? Been a long time! I hope everything is going good for you!

Audrey