Friday, September 5, 2008

San Diego

On August 21st I flew down to San Diego (my first trip without Aaron since we've been married) and met up with 6 of my very best friends. These are girls that I have known my whole life and it was so great to be able to spend 3 days non-stop with them. I've put off blogging this fun weekend because I haven't known how to sum up such a grand adventure. So I decided to steal Mandy's great summary of the weekend and post a bunch of pictures. Enjoy!

"We all arrived at various times on Thursday and stayed up talking until ~3am. Then on Friday morning, after breakfast, we went to play at Pacifica beach. The beach was beautiful and the waves were big and so fun to play in. For lunch we had In N' Out burger, if you haven't eaten there it is not worth missing. Later that night we walked around Old Town San Diego. Saturday we went to Coronada island, which is beautiful. We rented bikes and rode around the island. On the route we saw a crepe and gelato shop so we stopped in for lunch. After lunch we hung out the beach. Later that night we went out to dinner at a great place that was right on the water and we could the San Diego cityscape from our table. As we were finishing up dinner there was a firework show in the distance which was great to watch. On Sunday we all went our seperate ways."
Thanks for wrapping it up so well Mandy!
And here are some of my favorite pictures. I know, there's a lot.



At the beach








We rented two cars, matching white PT Cruisers.



The bike ride, perhaps my favorite part of the trip. Too bad we didn't get a picture of Mel crashing the bike that her, Mandy, Lauren and Aubrey were riding!

Then we stopped at the gelato and crepe restaurant for lunch. Divine.




Here's a little video of dinner on the water




Our last night we roasted marshmallow's on the stove. The original plan was to go to the beach but it was so much easier this way.

Since we had such a great time, we decided to make a tradition. We're going on a cruise in 2011! I can't wait! Miss you girls!

5 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

I love your blog! The photos are great, the posts inviting and you and I have read many of the same books in 2008!. Thanks for sharing
Linda

S said...

Hey Em, Remember when it was only us that stayed up until three talking most nights? That just shows how young and fun we still are! Remember how that guy totally flirted with Lauren? That was funny. Even with a kid, she's still got it. I still have it too, but only with my husband. Plus, I never really had it. Remember when the other bike got stuck between the rock and the hard place and we cruised through it right before relatively smoothly. We are SO cool! Thanks for staying up late talking!

Mel said...

I love those videos, Em. Yay for our cruise in 1-11!!

Mandy said...

I am flattered! jk Great post, its fun to see the videos and more pictures! To answer your question on my IVF blog - they just put me on birth conotrol to regulate my cycle. I am not sure how long I have to go off of it until they extract my eggs and such. Miss you!

Jillian Goulding said...

Looks like you had fun on your trip!! It was good to hang out and talk with you last night:) We need to go running soon....call me!