Monday, November 24, 2008

Upgrade!

On Thursday as Aaron and I were eating lunch I had a brilliant idea. I thought, "I wonder if we can exchange the free ipod touch we got and upgrade to an iphone?" I decided to call Apple to find out if they would do an exchange without a receipt and with a used ipod touch but had the worst time getting ahold of someone. Finally I was able to get through and after talking to the lady, didn't have much hope. She basically told me that without a receipt she didn't think I could do anything. She also said I would have to find out where it was purchased.
I was able to call the company that gave me the ipod touch and found out that it was purchased at Best Buy. I tried calling Best Buy but once again had the hardest time getting through. I finally talked to someone that told me I almost definitely would need a receipt (but of course I didn't have one since I won it) but to come in and try anyway. Aaron and I went to Best Buy with very low expectations and were ecstatic when we found out that they would do it! We were able to exchange the ipod touch for a new iphone and since Aaron had an upgrade available through AT&T for his phone, we got the special price. We left with a new iphone for Aaron and a Best Buy card with the remaining credit. Amazing!!!
I inherited Aaron's ipod classic and now he has the iphone with the same ipod capabilities as the ipod touch. We are both happy.
We went from this

to all this

FOR FREE! Well, except for the upgrade we had to make to our cell phone plan, but now we get internet.

6 comments:

april said...

me and sam both have iphones -- LOVE them!!!!!! you wont be sorry :)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Wow...if that isn't a persistance pays off story I don't know what is. I feel left in the stone age with my Nano.

Mel said...

Cool! Good thinking. I am so behind on technology. I keep bugging Chris to put music on my phone because I'm too lazy to figure out how to do it.

Em, I totally thought of you and the fair on Saturday during and after the shooting. So scary!

Mandy said...

Good thinking Em! That is great!

Jillian Goulding said...

You have been tagged....look at my blog to see what it is:)

Mama Coons said...

I like the new cover. I like your new iphone. Time to post something new. Love you...