Monday, August 6, 2007

A Wedding and a Baby

This may have been the craziest weekend of our lives. Anna and Chris got married on Saturday August 4th at our home. It was the perfect day for a wedding and things went really well.



Anna and Chris left around 9:45pm and we got a call from Anna at 3:37am that she was having contractions (she had had some Saturday morning too). We told her we'd meet her at the hospital and my mom and I got there around 4am. They took her to triage and after discovering that she was already dialated to a 5 they admitted her. After contractions from 1 to 4 minutes apart all night they decided to break her water at 9:50 and Kayden Max Cervantes was born Sunday August 5th at 9:59 am. He weighed 3 lbs 6 ounces and was 17 3/8 inches long. He was 10 weeks early so he is in the Intensive Care Nursery and may be there until his due date which was October 12th (my birthday). He is doing well and Anna is already home from the hospital.

He is so precious and tiny. It's kinda sad that noone can hold him yet. I think he looks like Chris.

Here is a video of the little guy.

Here he is with his eyes a little open




8 comments:

Tari said...

I'm so happy for your family. It's so crazy how that happened. Hope all is well and good recovery for both of them. Miss and love you em!

Mindy said...

that is such a crazy story! you guys should star in a lifetime movie. He is such a cute baby, I can't wait to meet him. tari and mandy and colin and i are camping this weekend and tari and i keep saying how we wish you guys still lived here so you could come with us. the doritos just won't taste the same without you.

Mel said...

There really is only one word for all of that...crazy. I still can't get over it. Those are great pictures. I like the one of Matt, Brad, and Trevor- cute brothers! Trevor is way too old. Tell him I want to beat him in Settlers the next time I am in town. Sorry for the tangent...Anna looks really good, too. :)

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

I wanna go camping! I feel like I'm never gonna go again since I work Saturdays now. Mindy, i love your comment about the Doritos. Haha. Miss you and love you too Tari!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you put up these pictures. I've been wanted to see them so bad. Anna looks beautiful and Kayden is adoreable. He does look a lot like Chris, at least from pictures since I've never met either of them in person. Kayden looks like he's the same size Aubrey was, even though I know she was bigger. I'm surprised you can't hold him yet. I thought they would want you to do the Kangaroo Care. Hopefully, you will get to hold him soon.

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

Kangaroo Care? Anna did get to hold him yesterday for the first time. She said that she felt like she was going to hurt him since he was so little, but you're right. He does look bigger than 3 lbs 6 ounces.

Mandy said...

What great pictures of everyone! Kayden is so lucky to have such love and support from such an amazing family. Anna is one tough girl, I admire her.

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

Lauren, I found out what Kangaroo Care is and they are doing it. FYI. Also, I got to hold him on Sunday. I'll but pics up soon.