Sunday, June 15, 2008

Big Weekend

We had quite a busy weekend. On Friday we celebrated Aaron's 24th birthday! We had a really fun night with just the two of us.
It started with Aaron opening his presents. He got a watch and the movie "Aladdin". He didn't necessarily ask for that movie but we've been talking about how we need to start a Disney collection so I thought I would start now.


After presents, we went out to eat at Ruth's Chris Steak House not knowing how truly delicious (or expensive) it would be. It was definitely worth it although I don't think we will be going again any time soon.

After dinner we went to a movie and saw "What Happens in Vegas". We both thought it was really funny but Aaron didn't really know how funny I thought it was because I was too sick to laugh. When Brad and Hillary came last weekend, Brad gave Aaron and I colds and Friday night was the height of my illness. I was still able to enjoy myself and am grateful to say that I am on the mend, while Aaron has reached the height of his sickness today. Despite being sick we got up Saturday morning to leave for Alamo when I got to deal with the fire sprinklers going off in one of our 3rd floor apartments. I definitely felt like it was my true initiation into being a manager. Luckily there was not really much for me to do except call the carpet guys to come start drying out the carpets and tell the residents we'll let them know when they can come home.
Brad graduated from High School on Friday so on Saturday my parents had a BBQ and swim party for him. My mom was thoughtful enough to also get an ice cream cake for Aaron (and I'm grateful since I didn't do a cake this year). She got a huge one for graduation

and a second one for Aaron. Here is Aaron with the cake, blowing out the candles, and enjoying the piece with his name on it.



Unfortunately I didn't take any more pictures but of course today was father's day and we were able to spend it with my dad. I'd have to say I think his favorite thing he got was a musical card with the Monday night football theme playing when it opened. He really got a kick out of it. Happy Father's Day to both of our wonderful fathers. We love you!!!!

7 comments:

S said...

First, I really like Taylor Swift's songs, just her appearance bothers me. Second, Happy Birthday to Aaron and sorry you guys had to be sick. Third, I can't believe Brad graduated from high school! Ah! That's so weird. Isn't that weird to you? I still see him as this cute little boy. Probably because I haven't seen him since then. Last thing, dealing with water sprinklers going off in apartments sounds horrible, I would be so bad at dealing with stuff like that. Good job dealing with it, Em! Is it funny being back at MV? Also, I guess because I never go back home it's weird to see everything again, it seems so far. I wish I could go back more. Do you love living near there?

Mama Coons said...

Wow Em. You are fast at this blogging. Love you.

Lauren said...

A couple of things.

1. Happy Birthday!
2. Aladdin is an excellent way to start. It's my favorite.
3. How could you not know Ruth's Chris' is expensive? Did you get the sweet potato thingy? It's the best (besides the steak).

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! Congratulations Brad! Em, seeing all these pictures of summer at the Coons house is making me soooooo homesick. All I want to do is go pick blackberries at the top of your driveway and bring them to your mom so she can make us a pie. I need to come visit!

Mandy said...

PS I love your new phone!!!
PPS Remember when every summer you and I would go and see the new Disney film? I think the first one we saw in the theater was Little Mermaid, then Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin and then Lion King. Those were the best!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I just realized on the Phantom post I didn't wish Aaron a happy birthday. What a bad friend. HAPPY BELATED B-DAY Aaron...with many more good ones to come.

The Fishers said...

ahh, 24, so young. I check out your blog every once in awhile through other peoples blogs. I just wanted to tell you, I thought you did a beautiful job on Sunday. Thanks for sharing your incredible talents.