Thursday, January 10, 2008

We're Finally Done!

On December 29th we finished packing up our little one bedroom apartment in West Sac and moved to an almost identical little one bedroom in Roseville. My parents, Brad, Chris, Anna, Kayden, and Aaron's dad, Jim, all came to help.
Here is Kayden hanging out. He was such a good boy the whole day!

We saved the packing of the kitchen until my mom came. She is professional at it!

And, this is what it looked like when we got to Roseville!!

It was quite overwhelming and since we both had to go back to work Monday, we just finished today. It is such a relief to be done!
Here is Aaron, faithfully measuring to hang our pictures.

This is our living room.


Our little office

Dining Room (with the flowers Aaron surprised me with today :)


Kitchen


Our Bedroom-We finally got some curtains that we feel matches well with our colors. They're dark brown from Ikea and we thought since we can't paint the walls we can't get a light color, and since it would be impossible to match the green from our bed, brown would be the best. We like it. Also, notice we now have a TV in our room since we bought a new one for the living room. More on that to come...



And, of course, the bathroom, which looks exactly the same as in our old apartment.

So far so good in Roseville. It is starting to feel more and more like home, especially now that we are completely unpacked!

10 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Yea to be settled!!! I hate moving. I am so sad that you had to do it but hey a free apartment...I think that it was worth it. I remember when your Mom was helping pack up Matt and I after BYU, she was telling me all about how she has never moved....kills me!!! Since I got married I have moved..I think that moving here was #5. Who knows how many are left.

Lyndsey said...

BTW thanks for always commenting on the blog it makes me happy that you read it so much!! Love you guys!!

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

Lyns-you're fast. I'm still working on the blog post. Keep checking for the final thing.

Mel said...

Looks so cute. I love how orgainzed your little office is. And everything looks so clean and finished- must be a great feeling. Please tell me there's some closet somewhere that's just stuffed with junk...

Mindy said...

I love the new apartment! You and aaron were in my dream last night, I can't remember why but we were in a kitchen and we kept toasting with our drinks and it was so funny. It was nice because I felt like I had hung out with you guys.

Mama Coons said...

I'm glad that I have a talent that you can appreciate! I'm also excited about your new home. I can wait to see it in person! Love you.

Mandy said...

I am impressed how fast you got unpacked, complete with pictures on the wall and all. It takes me about 1 year to get settled, just when we have to move again. Your apartment looks great!

Lauren said...

My favorite is Aaron's Ty Pennington-esque picture.

laurel said...

Congrats! Your apartment looks great!

S said...

I hate the measuring for pictures! That's weird that this was put up Jan. 10th because I checked yesterday and didn't see any new posts. That happens to me sometimes. You have the decorating touch, Em, was it learned or did you always just know how to do it? I'm trying to figure it out.