Friday, October 10, 2008

NieNie

Like so many of you, I have become enthralled in the story of Christian and Stephanie Nielson after finding the link on Krista's blog. They are a darling young LDS family living in Arizona. Stephanie, or NieNie, became well known through her blogging and has become a great example of love and faith as she documents her life with her children and her husband. Over the last month I have read each of her posts and have found myself feeling an increased desire to love more and to live life to the fullest. Stephanie's ability to inspire is incredible.
On August 16th Stephanie and Christian were in a private plane crash and sustained severe injuries. Stephanie is in a medically-induced coma and is being treated for burns over 80% of her body. Christian is no longer in a medically-induced coma but he has a long road of therapy ahead of him. There are many opportunities to donate to the recovery of Christian and Stephanie through auctions and fundraisers. I have put a link on the side of my blog so that you can check out what you can do to help.
To learn more about Stephanie and Christian you can also visit their blog http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com or visit Stephanie's sister, Courtney's, blog for updates http://blog.cjanerun.com Courtney is currently taking care of three of their four children.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I have been following their story since shortly after the accident and their family really is amazing. The blog post the other day from their brother just made me sit here and cry and cry. Chris was across the room and he was like "uh, what are you reading?"

S said...

I wondered what the Nie Nie thing was about. The question is, did you donate? Or are you donating space on your blog? I, too, can donate space on my blog.

S said...

Happy Birthday, Em! I noticed the date yesterday, but I was already in bed. But I wished you many ahppy returns and happy years ahead from my bed watching while you were sleeping. Do you feel old being 26? I think I will feel old!